- When getting your affairs in order for your trip down south this winter, please take the following into consideration:
- Contact MCWA at 585-442-7200 to let them know you will be away
- Contact other utilities and services you have for your home, (Garbage Pick-up, Cable, Telephone, Rochester Gas & Electric) they may have a plan that would reduce your monthly bill while you are away.
- Be sure to notify Post Office to forward or hold your mail.
- If possible, please be sure to have someone check in on your home occasionally and leave them a phone number should they need to contact you. Also, be sure to contact them on occasion to let them know how warm it is where you are and how cold it is where they are.
- Timers for your lights are also a good idea.
- If flying to your warmer destination, call ahead of time to make sure your flight is on schedule, then be sure to leave for the airport early enough to allow for security delays.